HOW RELIGION SEPARATED MY FIRST LOVE - RAZAK MEDIA

RAZAK MEDIA

CHANGING THE FUTURE WITH TECHNOLOGY

Breaking

Friday, July 20, 2018

HOW RELIGION SEPARATED MY FIRST LOVE


Written by Musah, Abdul-Rahman


Tolerating common views, views within the same religion to cow the other to render their mouths mum has been the norm for our modern world, a world which one disagrees with his opponent just because they both worship the true God in diverse ways. You stand at an angle and see God has divine and the ever merciful God. I also stood at different angle and clearly sees God as the divine being, why then do you rant behind your podium and force me into your religion and calls mine evil? This has eaten into the way we live with others from different religion and we always support our selfish notions with the Bible or Quran yet those Holy Books preach about love.

I still remember vividly, as vividly as yesterday when we were both children with both minds devoid of in depth knowledge of religion. I was a Muslim and she a Christian. Despite our religious differences we fell in love which even roped in both parents who gave us thumbs up and nodded to our supposed love at that time. I still remember the dreams we had, to wear the best wedding apparel, walk down the aisle with the blaring of the organ accompanied with the choral voices with both families interlaced, united and devoid of religious intentions just for the world to see that love surpasses religion. I remember when your mother hosted me in your apartment and advised us to be the best of friends and not to allow petty issues disintegrate us. We never know religion was around the corner ready to devour our love and separate us.

The separation started when we completed senior high school. It got really hard to understand her, when I call no answer from her. She's always busy. The word busy became a norm till she told me she can't marry a Muslim. It ripped my ambitions off to have her. She supported her assertions with the holy bible and I pave way for her. It terminated the love we shared and rather fused in anger, hatred among others.
I use to think religion is based on love but rather the love religion offers are to people in its same bracket.

Religion is hypocritical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

ADVERTISE WITH US TODAY

Pages